Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cards from the Heart Card Drive

Happy Saturday everyone! Well, we finally got some snow this week. It always cracks me up when we get snow. Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend and on the way out the door someone told me to be careful. When I got outside, there was hardly any snow left on the ground. I guess growing up in the snow belt, I have a much different perspective on when the snow has gotten to a point where I even start to worry about road conditions.

Well, this week I was suddenly hit with the Valentines creative mojo. I made several cards to send out to various different people and also made about six cards for the Cards from the Heart Card Drive hosted at the Winter Wonderland blog. I wanted to make more but the cards were asked not to be gender and age specific. I actually ended up going through my scrap stash and looked for colors and patterns that could fall in to those categories. Below is what I came up with.

The majority of the papers were scraps from various different paper lines. All of the card bases were made from Georgia Pacific 110 lb white cardstock. I used stamps from an Inkadinkado Valentine stamp pack and pink Martha Stewart bakers twine. I kept the cards pretty basic because they also request that there be nothing that one of the patients that receive the cards can pull off and try to swallow. I wasn't able to get them in the mail, but I hope to get them out on Monday so that they get to their destination before the January 31 deadline! I would definitely say that I am more pleased with the results of some rather than others, but I hope that the recipients like them!








2 comments:

  1. They are all so sweet and the kids will love them! It's such a great cause! So glad you participated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy, they were not my best effort, but I was really struggling with making valentines that were gender and age neutral! I ended up making 7 more, but I had to get them packaged and in the mail so I didn't get a chance to take pictures. Funnily enough, I was cleaning yesterday and found a thank you note from Winter - My cards got their a day late last year, so all of my cards from last year got distributed with the ones I made this year. I totally forgot about it until I found the card.

    ReplyDelete