Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Will You Be My Valentine???

Hello All! I hope that you are having a glorious Friday. If not, then, Hey, It's Friday! It's  almost the weekend! And it's noon, which means that the workday is half over! Anyhoo, I thought I'd pop by during my lunch and share a couple of Valentine's Day Cards that I have been making for the Cards from the Heart Card Drive. If you are interested in finding more details for this great cause, click on the Cards from the Heart Card Drive icon in the right panel. It will take you to Winter's blog post!

These are my three favorite cards that I've made so far, I've done about 8 more other than this and hope to get up to twenty before I have to send the package out to make it to Winter on time!

I pulled my papers from various different paper pads that I had. I basically just went through all of my 6x6 paper pads and pulled out anything that would fit a gender neutral card. That way I haven't had to keep digging through my papers for each card. I am finding that it has saved me quite a bit of time and I am able to get more cards done because I don't have to spend as much time searching for supplies. I used papers from Tim Holtz, Dear Lizzy, and an older Bella Blvd paper pad.

The duck stamp is an Inkadinkadoo Valentine stamp set and the little rocket is from a Recollections stamp set. I used BasicGrey mini alphas for the sentiment on the card with the rocket on it. I am going to have to add a sentiment to one of the cards with the ducks. You may not be able to see it in the picture, but I got a small smudge of black ink in the area colored blue and am going to have to put a sentiment in that area to cover it up. I also used some Tim Holtz twine to finish off the cards.

Enjoy! and Happy Friday!!!!


 I wanted to make the rocket ship look almost like it was orbiting a planet, even if the background is a constellation chart, I think that it turned out pretty well. It is a little more plain than I usually like to make, but as there really can't be any embellishments that a little one could pull off and choke on, plainer is better!!




2 comments:

  1. These are all darling! I just love those duckies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I just hope that I can make it to the Post Office to get these out in time with the snowstorm coming through.

      Delete