Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Its a Strawberry Shortcake Kind of Birthday

Hello all, sorry for my long lapses in posting. I promise I had a good excuse. I had a nasty virus that turned into an upper respiratory infection and sinus infection. I've been flat on my back for the last several days. (See, told you it was a good excuse!) 

Even though I haven't been feeling too well, I still needed to whip up a card for my little cousin's first "real" birthday party (as in, her mom is going all out because she will actually remember this one ;) )  Our little princess decided she wanted a strawberry shortcake themed birthday party, and even though her birthday isn't until the end of October I wanted to get the card out in plenty of time to make it. (It is a good thing too, the post office sent it back saying the button I put on the card required an extra 20 cents to process because it couldnt go through the sorting machine (I have never had that happen and I've put tons of buttons on cards,  but such is life)... and I am thankful I sent it out early, because now I can re-send it out to get to her on time!

Since the theme is strawberry shortcake and she LOVES pink, I went all out with the pink. I used a bright pink so as not to be too pepto bismolly.

I used two cuttlebug embossing folders, the happy birthday one and one with rows and rows of cupcakes. The strawberry shortcake image is a free coloring sheet that I found on line. I saved it and reduced the image to fit on a card. I  also used a button from my stash and pink twine from Martha Stewart that I found for 50% off at TJMaxx (I have scored some real wins on some great crafting products for an awesome discount there lately). I used the spellbinders scalloped oval dies to cut out the patterned paper and cupcake embossed papers.

(Sorry for the horrid lighting in the picture! If I hadn't already sealed the envelope I'd try for a better picture.)



Happy Monday Everyone!!!!





3 comments:

  1. There you are! Well, now I know the answer to my email...so sorry you've been sick. It seems like everyone is getting sick or getting over being sick. I'll continue to pray for your total healing.

    I love the card...and yes, I've had to pay to pick up cards at the PO because of buttons or grommets. Sigh...at least it's beautiful and homemade. I really like the way you texturized the paper too.

    Thinking of you often...and praying for your upcoming trip. I hope that you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anita! And I had no idea about the cards! Thank you for the heads up, I will be much more careful to put additional stamps on the cards that have raised embellishments!

    Hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete