Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What do the Gators and my brother-in-law have in common?

Hah, you'll never guess, so I'll just tell you, my brother-in-law LOVES the color orange. As in would probably dress in orange from top to bottom each and every day if he thought he could get away with it. His love of orange is very great and so he really wanted it incorporated into his recent wedding with the blue and green colors that his bride wanted. They went very well together and the wedding was lovely, but let me tell you - it was NOT easy to find a patterned paper that incorporated all three of those colors for their wedding card. 

I could have gone the traditional route of white and black for the card, but I really wanted to make it personalized to their colors. I went through every paper pad I had and what do you know, I had a single sheet of 6x6 paper from an old Basic Gray PB&J paper pad given to me by my cousin that fit the bill. 

I also decided to use a cute stamp from an Inkadinkado valentines set, with two birdies kissing in a bird cage instead of using one of my more traditional wedding stamp sets. The sentiment was from a Hampton Arts clear stamp set I believe.  I used Bahama Breeze blue ink from Memento and used a paper trimmer and a rounded corner punch to cut out and layer the image and a small circle punch and scallop punch to cut out and layer the sentiment.

The plain card stock was just Michael's store brand, Recollections. The ribbon was from a variety pack from Hobby Lobby and the rhinestones were from a Studio G pack I got at Walmart (or possibly the dollar aisle at Michaels - they sell them in both places and I often purchase them from either place, depending on who has them in stock).




No comments:

Post a Comment