Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas 2010

I finally took pictures of our Christmas tree this morning. (Probably because I had finally moved all of the things sitting on the floor around the Christmas tree so that I am now okay sharing a picture of my living room ;) ) 





Things have been a little crazy lately. I've had two Physical Therapy appointments a week for the last month and with prepping for Christmas, we haven't had a whole lot of spare time! But, my parents and sister are going to be here tonight and thus sets off the Christmas festivities. I am very glad my family can come spend Christmas with us. It will be a nice time. 

It seems that Christmas gets busier and busier each year. With all of the hustle and bustle (especially in the DC Metro area) it is so easy to lose site of the true meaning of Christmas. I was reading a friends blog the other day and she was sharing on her meditations of what Christmas really means. I would encourage you to head on over to Anita's blog, The Other Side of Me, and read her entry entitled The Greatest Gift. May all of us remember what Christmas really means and remember to give thanks for the Father's precious gift to us all.

Wishing a blessed Christmas to you all!



2 comments:

  1. I hope the PT helps...my last visits for my back only made it worse! =(

    Have a beautiful time with your family! We are doing some family things today, tomorrow and then Christmas, but it will be relaxed, so I'm glad.

    Thanks for also reading my blog post and I pray that we truly embrace Jesus this Christmas. I think the world just tugs so violently at us and I want to cut free from those ties and just be free to focus on Him...maybe it's age, maybe it's a gift from Him, but whatever has helped me focus this year, for that, I am truly grateful!

    Blessings on you and Jason! Merry Christmas!

    PS...your home is BEAUTIFUL! (Not that I'm surprised!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure whether PT is helping or not. It's been so cold that my fibro has been acting up and I'm never sure whether my tendonitis is going away! I am trusting that some down time for the next couple of days will give some needed rest for it to get better!

    I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    Thank you - when we decorated, I wanted to make our home an inviting place for visitors to have a restful place to come and relax :)

    ReplyDelete