Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Good Morning All....

Good Morning all and welcome to another wonderful week... Summer is {almost} here (okay, well it's mostly here for those of us south of the Mason-Dixon line) and the pool is open!!! Finally :) :) :) I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but I am looking forward to being able to get back in the pool, that is for sure.

On a craft-related note, I started working on the custom order due in July for a friend who is putting an auction basket together for a charity she supports and wants it to be centered around my creations! (Sweet :) ) - The gift basket is going to be a "gift givers" basket. The thought is, whenever you need to give a gift or card, you'll have what you need on hand. A pretty great idea, right?

Anyhoo, She asked me to create all of the cards/tags/etc. for the basket. Yesterday I started in on some of the tags. My thought for the gift tags was, something for girls, boys, and neutrals for either gender. I finished up the girl and boy oriented tags last night and haven't quite figured out what I am going to do for the neutrals yet. Each tag set has 6 tags. Because This is for charity, even though she will be paying for the items I think that I am going to throw in a couple of extra goodies for the basket and for her as a thank you for her business.

On to the tags (sorry for the poor quality of the last pic, the flash messed it up but by then it was too dark and my apartment doesn't have the greatest lighting after dark to get very good pictures without the flash):






Supplies:
Paper: Basic cardstock scraps, patterned paper from a friend and from a Tim Holtz collection.
Embellishments: ribbon from a friend and my MIL (also can be found at Michaels), flowers are from Prima, rhinestones and pearls are from Q and Company.

For a template, I used a template on the back of one of my paper packs, cut it out traced around it and cut all of the papers out and then glued the fronts to the backs. Then I hole punched holes with a regular hole puncher and looped the ribbons through. For the girls, I added some pretty embellishments for a little added punch.

Hope you likey :)  Have a great week everyone!!

And a reminder, if you want to join my craft swap, please let me know by Wednesday because I want to have the names/addresses out by email by Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Love your cute tags! You did a great job on them. Your friends basket sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely! I think the tag is oft neglected but for those of us who love a perfectly wrapped gift...these are almost necessary! Honestly I thought the boy ones were neutral at first...maybe some greens and blues for nuetrals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, definitely blues. So that there are a number of color options.

    P.S. Great to have you on the swap Abigail!

    I'll be sending out addresses/names on Friday to everyone that is participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a gift basket...I think the recipient will be very pleased!

    I love your tags...and have used a few of the ones you made me...they're really great when you have a little gift to give. I like the dimension the flowers give. I can't believe you cut them all by hand, but you do a great job...so more power to you. =)

    Can't wait to see the rest of the basket goodies!

    ReplyDelete