Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School

Well, my daddio is looking to take some classes with our Fellowship's university called Zion Christian University (ZCU), so I thought I would make him a "Back-to-School" card. :) I also made a quick birthday card for a little girl and a "Thank You" card.


Paper Supplies: Cardstock and printed papers from a friend
Buttons: Dollar aisle from Michaels


Paper Supplies: Card and printed paper from a friend
Paper Flowers: "Recollections" collection, bought at Michaels
Other Embellishments: A friend and Wal-mart


Paper Supplies: Card stock from Michaels, papers from a friend
Ribbon: Michaels (leftover from my wedding 2 years ago)
Sentiment: TLC Creations Blog

Those little circles around the sentiment took me FOREVER to cut out because I cut each circle out by hand with a circle template I had printed out from the computer, but I think that it ended up turning out pretty well. Since the base card had a whole cut in the front, I taped a printed paper over it to show on the inside of the card.





7 comments:

  1. Fabulous cads! I love the bright colors on the first 2 cards and the ribbon on the third is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely...I like the last one best. You really do a wonderful job. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great cards, Ashley! I'm proud of you! I love the buttons on the first, and that ribbon on the third is gorgeous! Love it.

    Circles are a PAIN to cut out by hand, aren't they? I JUST got a Cuttlebug -- there was a great sale at work a couple months ago and Andreas was going to buy it for me as my Christmas present, but then they sold out and he had to get a raincheck. Which meant he had to tell me about it, so I could keep checking the stockroom if it came back in. It did last weekend, so I picked it up! I don't have any dies or embossing folders for it yet, so it's still in the box, but I'm hoping to get some this weekend (they're on sale this week 40% plus my 30$ employee discount) so I'll be able to cut circles and other shapes with ease! Can't wait.

    Btw, Joann's usually has great sales online and sometimes free shipping. Scrapbook stuff is usually always 40$ off, including punches. I got my 3/4" circle punch there really reasonably.

    This is the one I have, like I said, in the 3/4" size. Mouse over to see the sizes. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2785&PRODID=prd26681

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also answered your question about glue dots on your Wednesday, August 18th post. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know how your Cuttlebug works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. .. and Thanks for the heads up about Joann's

    ReplyDelete