Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stylish Blog Award

Lookie what my sweet cousin Christy over at Christy Gets Crafty gave me :)



Looking at Christy's blog and seeing all of her amazing creativity is one of the things that first got me into card making (as a regular hobby anyway). She has always given me support and inspiration in everything I do.

Christy is so talented and I love seeing her new creations!

She's been so supportive of my crafting and has given me tips and even helped me add to my stash with amazing crafting supplies!

There are three rules on accepting this award:

1. Link and thank the person who gave it to you
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pass it along to 8 fellow bloggers

So.... 8 things about myself:

1. I am slightly OCD (although there are those who would argue with the "slightly" part :) ). I like things nice, clean, and organized.

2. I am the wife of an assistant pastor at a Latino church.

3. Reading has been my biggest hobby since I first learned how to read.
(Christy was actually also the one that started me on reading. By the time I was in 1st grade I was borrowing her books all the time! Thanks to her, I had a 12th grade reading level by 6th grade!)

4. I write upside down. Always have, always will.
(Actually, I'm pretty sure that one is Christy's fault too! lol.... She is left handed like me and I would always watch her write sideways when I was little. I started out sideways and now I write with my paper almost completely upside down... It kinda just happened.)

5. The office supplies aisle is one of my most favorite aisles in a store.

6. I always looked forward to the beginning of school because it meant that I could buy school supplies. Nothing like brand new notebooks just waiting to be wrote in and freshly sharpened pencils. :)

7. I get easily distracted by shiny, sparkly things.
(Sheesh, that makes me sound like a racoon.)

8. I STRONGLY DISLIKE getting up in the morning, but dawn is my favorite time of day. The world is so beautiful and fresh in the mornings.
(Don't worry, it doesn't make sense to me either. :) )

And now the 8 bloggers I am passing this award on to (in no particular order):

Anita and Sarah are amazing. They are the Queens of finding deals in thrift shops and are so talented! Their purses and other creations are absolutely beautiful! Hop on over to their blogs and see for yourself!

Alice's cards are always so cheerful. I always enjoy hopping over to her blog to see her latest creations.

Nina is a missionary's wife in Croatia. Her cards are so beautiful and her life is an inspiration.

Vera is such a sweetheart. She ran the Caring Hearts Card drive for a number of nursing homes over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Her cards are beautiful too!

Lucy's cards are so cute and always put a smile on my face.

This lady is so talented! Her cards are amazing!

Teresa's blog is one of the first that I found. Her cards are gorgeous!

Hope you are all having a fantastic week!



3 comments:

  1. I was the same way with reading! I still love to do it, but now it's harder to find the time. And office supplies..... love! August/September is an exciting time to shop because they're on sale and everywhere in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW and thanks! =) I really enjoyed reading about you...and now I have to think...why is it that I don't want to think right now. =) I'm sure it's the way this day has been going. Oh well...here I go! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Ashley, you are the sweetest, most genuine and generous person! I don't know if you even realize how dear you are to my heart. We've been through a lot together and shared so much. I love you, chica! :o)

    Looking forward to clicking your links and exploring new blogs... tomorrow. It's 1AM and I MUST get to bed this minute! Lol. Just had to make one last stop before I shut things down for the night. So glad I did!

    ReplyDelete