Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Guest Blogger - Christiana Reuling


Hello, everybody!
The sun is shining, glinting off the piles of snow,
and it's a beautiful day!
I hope it is as well in your neck of the woods.

Today I'm so happy to be guest blogging
at my cousin Ashley's blog, Roja In Virginia.
Ashley is several years younger than me,
and growing up, I always had a special place
in my heart for her. She's a gem.
And now she's all grown up, married,
and has a blog of her own! Lol.
Love you, Ash!

So while Ashley and her hubby Jason
are away on a much-needed vacation,
she asked me to pop in over here and do a guest blog
so her readers still have something (hopefully)
pretty to look at while she's gone.

I tried my best to give you just that!
Here's my card:


I used one of my new Elzybells stamps that
are no longer being made, but you can still find at
Jay Gee's Nook in Australia for a very reasonable price.

I, of course, had to make her a redhead,
since Ashley is a redhead. :o)
I also tried out a brand new technique called "stippling"
or "dotted background" with my Copic markers.
For the first try, I think the effect came out quite nicely!
Here's another look.


I hope you enjoyed that!

I also wanted to mention quickly that I'm doing another
"happy mail" post here.
For those who don't know, "happy mail" is something
I just started on my blog, where I go through my scraps
and make up an envelope for one random commenter.
It's a chance for you to try new product
and make a card or two simply by adding cardstock
and a stamped image.

Today's pile is big enough for two,
so I'll be sending out TWO envelopes of happy mail
to TWO random commenters.
Just mention the happy mail somewhere in your comment
so I know you're interested. :o)

Here's the pile to be divided:


From the DCWV All About Girls stack.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Stick around and leave Ashely some comment love.
And come visit me at my own blog,

Have a great day everybody!

11 comments:

  1. Love your card and the sweet gal with red hair! I think the stippling turned out lovely and the colors on the card are awesome!

    Thanks for guest posting...I hope Ashley is having a great time away! She's a great gal!

    And since I don't work with paper...I'll let some other lucky winner get those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you to post for her!

    I will have to head over to your blog to see if I am lucky!


    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. Love all your coloring!!! Simply fabulous. I spy some super cute high heels in your happy mail pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the background and the image is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable. Your coloring is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card turned out fabulous! Thanks for introducing us to your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO colorful and cute! I can see why you love those Elzybells! I already won some "happy mail" so I will just share my excitement with the next winners! Whoo Hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Awesome coloring and your background is great! Enjoyed the sneak peek at your blog. The paper in your happy mail pile is perfect for cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy mail - sounds wonderful!


    I love this card! Your coloring is fantastic. I love the way you did the grass and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stipple makes a beautiful background that compliments the stamped image so well. Great coloring. I am so inspired! Great guest blogging job! :)

    ReplyDelete